SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE- Full time Assessor/Trainer - Agricultural Engineering Apprentices and Welding Instructor.
Â£23,187 - Â£24,599 with possible supplement of up to Â£5000.00 according to experience.
37 hours a week
Are you passionate about the training of the next generation of agricultural/land based engineers? If so, we are looking to recruit a part time assessor to assess our growing Land Based Engineering Apprenticeships.
The hours will be on a flexible arrangement, assessing apprentices for their qualification in the workplace and delivering welding evening classes.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience of working in the agricultural/land based engineering trade. Will possess an Assessor qualification or be willing to attain one with a specified period of time. Welding experience to deliver MIG and TIG up to level 2 is required and knowledge and experience of ARC and Exotic would be desirable.
There is access to the use of college vehicles for visiting apprentices but having your own transport is desirable for which mileage will be paid. This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
In addition, the successful applicant will have:
- A good knowledge of Land based engineering and machinery.
- Current experience in land-based engineering and machinery.
- Ability to plan training programmes (each apprentice follows slightly different Units and employers can provide different experiences).
- Ability to assess to the required standards and provide guidance if the evidence is not to the standard
- Ability to complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to monitor apprentice's progress
- Ability to work with apprentices and be able to motivate and encourage them to complete work.
- Ability to work / liaise with employers
- Previous assessing/trainer/teaching experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Full training in respect of the assessing part of the role will be provided.
Closing Date: 13 November 2017
* Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
* Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
* Free on-site parking
* Car Share Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Child Care Vouchers
* Access to an employee assistance scheme
* On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership Â£100 per annum)
* You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
* Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
* Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
* Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
* Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
* Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider