Footwear Technologist, North West - New Job Opportunity
Your new company
A long established and reputable mens footwear fashion brand now have an exciting new job opportunity for a Footwear Technologist to join the team. You will work alongside a professional friendly team and have opportunity to progress.
Your new role
- You will be up to date on current footwear legislations and be able to demonstrate a solid understanding in footwear construction together with good manufacturing knowledge.
- Work from design concept through to delivery in stores.
- Improve efficiency and quality and keep up-to date on footwear standards.
- Provide technical and development support to designers and buyers.
- Create technical specs and work with overseas suppliers.
- Manage fit sessions and relay fit comments back to factories and suppliers.
- Advise on construction, fit, development and materials.
- Manage the approval and sealing process.
- You will be required to travel within the UK once per week
- Update and maintain the technical manuals as well as requesting and managing test reports.
- Work with warehouse QC team to ensure quality is acceptable to approved technical standards.
- Manage wearer trials and report writing.
- Some overseas travel will be required to oversee production or to resolve any technical issues with factories. This position will suit those from a retail or wholesale background. The ideal candidate must have UK retail high street experience and you will be organised, confident and an enthusiastic team player and be able to prioritise your work load and to communicate at all levels.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have a footwear technology background although candidates with experience in accessories and apparel will be considered. You must have good testing experience, and be flexible to travel. You must also obtain a UK drivers license. A minimum of 3 years industry experience is required.
What you'll get in return
As the sole technologist you will have opportunity to develop within your role taking on more responsibility within the wider business. The company are flexible and accommodating and have excellent staff retention. There will annual salary reviews.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77347618