Home based with travel nationwide
GBP 36,000 - GBP 42,000
Our client, the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction is looking for a Regulatory Accountant to join their existing team.
Although the role is home based the successful candidate will need to travel to conduct regulatory visits on firms across the country.
- Performing regulatory review visits as detailed in the organisation's Monitoring and Investigation Rules 2007 and associated standards.
- Assessing the adequacy of controls and procedures in place to meet with their Rules of Conduct
- Influencing best practice and technical standards
- Escalating regulatory issues/concerns arising from regulatory review visits as appropriate
- Providing follow up advice on issues raised in reports and supporting the wider regulatory function which may include attendance at disciplinary panels
- Contributing to activities in a variety of mediums to engage with and educate the profession
- Maintain data integrity of internal systems through accurate, timely updates of work management system
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and support as required for the proper performance of the department
- Where appropriate provide a written report and or a statement which is suitable to be used as evidence of breaches of relevant rules and standards for relevant stakeholders, support regulatory activities which may include monitoring, investigatory and disciplinary (including attendance at panels) outcomes
- Communicate contentious or difficult messages directly and frankly, handle all interactions with others appropriately and maintain confidentiality where appropriate
- To provide CPD, advice, guidance materials and training on a one to one and group basis to an internal or external audience on matters relating to their rules and standards
Experience & Skills Required:
- Being willing to travel with overnight stays, possess a full driving licence and have access to own car
- Demonstrable knowledge of surveying, accountancy or property management obtained in a working environment
- Experience of applying investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively review data, documents and records to draw conclusions and write reports
- Relevant experience of making evidence and risk based decisions with reference to rules, standards, regulations or legislation
- Experience of working in a regulatory, law enforcement, investigative, or similar background
- Qualified Accountant
- Degree or equivalent professional experience
- IT experience, including using all Microsoft Office programmes and experience of data entry systems
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Can communicate clearly, accurately and confidently orally and in writing at all levels across a variety of mediums delivered in an audience appropriate tone and style
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst being able to effectively manage changing priorities and demands
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- A demonstrable ability to work on own initiative with limited day to day supervision whilst remaining a key part of the team
- An ability to demonstrate an attitude for working from home within a team managed using a matrix system
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77309626