Motor Credit Hire Paralegal Birmingham - £19,000
Zen are currently looking for a paralegal to work for their Clients defendant credit hire dispute resolution team. You will be joining a leading Global Heavyweight to provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume litigated credit hire cases.
Teams are expected to:
• Handle a varied caseload of litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
• Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
• To record timely and accurate management information.
• To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience).
• Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience. Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
•Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
•Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
•You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
Please note that:
Legal experience or qualifications is desirable but not essential; and
Exposure to credit hire and litigation is desirable but not essential.
A successful candidate must have:
• IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
• Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
• Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when it is worth pursuing it.
• Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
• Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
• Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77310249