Chase and Holland are currently recruiting for a rapidly growing SME based in Barnsley looking for an Accountant to join their dedicated management team. The role would suit someone who has experience of working in a smaller business and enjoys working in a hands-on, varied role.
Currently turning over £4 million, the business has quickly become a leading business in their specialist field and has plans to expand to a UK wide operation.
The successful candidate will have full management of all day to day accounts activity and will develop management accounts to report as part of the management team.
Specific duties will include
- Financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, including monthly management accounts.
- Manage client, suppliers and sub-contractors onboarding process, credit and risk assessment.
- Manage timesheets, job costing, salaries and expenses
- Develop accounts procedures to ensure compliance with legislation
- Management and completion of sales and purchase ledgers
- All aspects of credit control to ensure that aged debt is kept to a minimum
- VAT returns and HMRC returns
- Payroll tasks for monthly payroll
- Management of suppliers and subcontractor relationships
- Assist MD as required in producing KPI reports for Senior team
We are looking for someone with SME experience and a working knowledge of Sage 50 / 100 would be ideal.
- Sage Line 50 / 100 knowledge essential
- AAT qualified/Qualified by experience considered
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Well presented, good communicator and team player
The business can offer a friendly working environment and the opportunity to grow with the organisation as well as lead all the finance activities for the business.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77213672