Marketing & Event Coordinator - Blackburn, £23,000
A well-established, local charity seek a Marketing, Communications and Event Coordinator to join their busy and expanding team. They are looking for a conscientious, diligent and warm individual to take responsibility for coordinating fundraising events and promoting the charity through digital marketing channels.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and further developing the charity's marketing strategy as well as project managing annual events. This Charity is located at the heart of Blackburn and is committed to changing the prospects of young people within the local area.
The successful applicant will be a great communicator and have ability to engage and build effective relationships with stakeholders and committees. The charity forms part of a national network and is driven by their strong mission and values for supporting their service users. If you thrive from working to shared goals and are looking for a role where you feel that you are making a difference then you should most certainly explore this opportunity.
As Marketing and Event Coordinator your role will include;
Delivering two annual events from proposal right up to delivery. This will include:
- Setting, communicating and maintaining project timelines and priorities
- Liaising with external suppliers including venues, caterers and guest speakers
- Organising appropriate sponsorship and co-badging of external events
- Delivering events on time, within budget and that meet and exceed expectations
- On-the-day management of event
Assisting on the development and implementation of the Marketing strategy including digital Marketing. This will include:
- Maintaining and developing the charity's online content (website and social media) and using analytics to monitor and improve the effectiveness of online presence
- Managing all aspects of production and distribution of marketing material
- Delivering all marketing activity within the agreed budget and within agreed sustainability criteria
- Identifying and responding to PR opportunities, building positive relationships with key local and regional media and handle all press enquiries to build the company profile and brand identity, generating positive coverage
- Planning, coordinating and producing a wide range of communications and marketing materials both on and off-line, including the research, content, writing, editing and managing of the design process
- Preparing and submitting case studies and award entries as required
- Working with colleagues and young people to develop mechanisms to capture content from the young people and ensure communication of a coherent brand
The ideal Marketing and Event Coordinator must;
- Have excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Have a minimum of two years' experience in either events management or marketing
- Possess experience of developing and maintaining Marketing including online and traditional marketing methods
- Have experience of developing and managing external partnerships in the delivery of projects
- Be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Be committed to upholding the charity's ethos and their commitment to their local community
- Be able to work flexibly which includes some evenings or weekend working
The company can offer;
- A vibrant, modern and engaging working environment
- A passionate, close knit team, where everyone is contributing to shared goals
If you are passionate about marketing, and love working in a fast paced, engaging environment then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Please apply below or contact Amy at the Cummins Mellor office for further information.
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who have been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 27 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers. If this particular role isn't what you're looking for then please take a look at our website for other available opportunities.
Due to consistently high volumes of applications, Cummins Mellor are unable to contact all applicants directly. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of application, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Recommend a Friend and earn £100 cash
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody who may be interested, please recommend a friend via our website and you could earn £100 cash.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77221533