£34,000 - £38,000 per annum DOE plus excellent benefits
Ambridge Harris is working on behalf of our client based in Shaftesbury in order to recruit a Management Accountant to join their existing team. The Management Accountant will play a crucial role within the Finance team, preparing accurate and timely management accounts and other finance information to support the Finance Manager.
- Preparation and delivery of accurate monthly management accounts within the agreed timetable, which provide analysis of the actual results versus forecasts and budget.
- Producing monthly narrative and exploring the key trends observed in the management accounts.
- Review of channel and central margins to ensure movements are understood and explained.
- Monitor monthly spend against budgets investigate variances as required to ascertain explanations for over / under spends
- Produce the monthly balance sheet file including reconciliations for each account and explanation of any significant movements each month.
- Set up new posting codes and mapping throughout accounts.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return.
- Preparation of annual tax packs.
- Assist in the annual audit preparing supporting schedules and evidence for the audit file and deal with queries from the external auditors.
- Assist Finance Manager in dealing with day to day accounts queries and duties.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial analysis and projects.
- Liaise with department heads on their P&Ls.
- Assist in the monthly close down of ledgers.
- Completion of National statistics returns
- Liaising with HR/payroll to ensure information is correctly posted within the accounts.
- To be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in using Sage is desirable.
- Expert user of excel.
- An eye for detail is essential.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Confidence to work under own initiative, yet take direction well
- Able to plan and manage own time effectively
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77196302