Project Accountant - Bid Support, Capital Forecasting, SAP, Commercial risk
A Project Accountant with Bid Support, Capital Forecasting, SAP and Commercial risk, is required to work on a permanent basis for our Defence client based in Bristol
This is a Project Accountant working for one of the UK and Europes most successful Defence and Aerospace organisation in airborne mission-critical systems for situational awareness, self-protection, and surveillance.
Overview of the Project Accountant contract role
There is a need to recruit a Project Accountant for the Bristol site. The job holder will support the Business Unit Senior Management Team, based in Southampton, to develop and maintain financial performance, systems and compliance.
Major Responsibilities of the Project Accountant
- Preparation of accurate and timely reports in line with the groups reporting schedule including monthly forecasting and five year business plan
- Present timely financial information and provide financial support, input and review for business decisions, strategy development and delivery
- Support the business during project Life Cycle Management, specifically:
- Bid support and review of key financial outcomes (EBIT, EVA, cash flow, working capital) with specific attention to tax, financial and commercial risk.
- to support the Programme manager and Project Office in preparation and analysis of the sales trading plan, payments plans and margin uplift schedule in accordance with the Group Accounting Policy.
- review of project costs, including cost to completion, ensuring accuracy of all actual and forecast data, and consistency between outstanding costs and technical milestones.
- Initiate projects and take responsibility for continuous improvement
- Control of business investments: Capital, Stock Orders, PV/R&D
Specific deliverables over the next 12-18 months are:
- Reliable economical and working capital forecasting for project
- Provide any necessary assistance to SAP process updates / implementations (eg. BPC)
- On time submission of all financial reports
- Production of a Summary Status Report (SSR)
- Other financial reporting for external stakeholder (EU funded development work)
Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Qualified Accountant preferred
- Working knowledge of long term contract accounting
- Commercial acumen and ability to minimize commercial / financial risks
- The ability to drive forward a robust and enabling financial strategy that support the integrated business plan(s)
- Career experience working with senior management teams preferably in a matrix organization
- Enthusiastic; a can do attitude with a capacity to overcome barriers and make an impactful change
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong interpersonal and clear, unambiguous communication skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Organisational agility
Regular business travel to Southampton is required, which includes overnight stays.
The role is based in Bristol - commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Cirencester, Swindon, Devizes, Trowbridge, Bath, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport and Cardiff
If you are a Project Accountant looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on or phone 0161 638 0840 or 0161 694 9200
You must be eligible to gain SC clearance.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77196580