Internal Auditor - £35,000 to £38,000 -+ Benefits - Brighton
A Lead Internal Auditor job in the Brighton & Hove area of East Sussex has arisen within this 180 strong office of the UK head office of this global online gaming empire. The office is responsible for all of the Legal and Compliance support services for the business group.
Purpose of the Role: Responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audit reviews. Provide independent and objective assurance that the internal procedures and processes along with the risk management and internal control framework are operating effectively. Safeguarding corporate governance and recommending effective and efficient improvements.
- Lead the Internal Auditors in the planning, execution and reporting of assurance and other review activities requested by the Audit Committee.
- Direct monitoring of the internal auditors and their daily operations and provide support and expert professional advice on all aspects of performance monitoring.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in the creation of the Department's Annual Budget, Audit Plan, Internal Audit Charter and other Internal Audit documents.
- Work closely with the Head of Internal Audit, to ensure that an appropriate assurance programme is devised and executed.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Review working papers adequately documenting work performed (including the work and audit test results of the Internal Auditor).
- Prepare timely audit reports and communication based on the results of work performed, for review by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Review and record activities and plans defined by management to resolve issues identified by audit findings, and appraise adequacy of corrective actions (Follow ups).
- Obtain required information through examination of records or interviews with staff independently.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control Practices.
- Evaluate existing policies, processes and procedures within different departments, identifying gaps in workflows and making cost effective and efficient recommendations.
- Identify areas of risk and appropriate actions required to address and improve risk management practise and internal control frameworks and communicate to the Corporate Risk Officer and Head of Internal Audit.
- Researches new or technical subjects to support audits in all areas of the Audit Universe.
- Perform special audits or investigations as requested by the Audit Committee or the Head of IA.
- Effectively communicates audit results, both verbally and in writing.
- Escalates issues to the Head of Internal Audit as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of professional knowledge by participating in training, maintaining personal networks and studying developments in quality management within the industry.
- Undertakes other reasonable duties as instructed by the Head of Internal Audit.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Studying towards CISA or other Internal Audit qualification.
- Good understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards.
- At least 5 years work experience in audit-related fields (either External or Internal Audit).
- Excellent attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Proven diagnostic and advisory skills.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Good Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of the online gaming industry, priorities and challenges.
- IT audit skills and online gaming compliance knowledge.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77304805