Functional Skills Tutor
OVERVIEW: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
Our client, a well established and reputable private training provider, is experiencing continued exciting growth and as a result are looking to further add to their team with an experienced Functional Skills specialist to support both assessors and learners. The successful candidate will deliver and coordinate the successful completion of Functional Skills qualifications as part of apprenticeship qualifications across multiple sectors.
The role will require you to be involved in all aspects of the Numeracy and Literacy delivery including the carrying out of assessments and liaising with Assessors, Learners, external verifiers and staff to maximise completions. You will possess a strong occupational background in Training, and ideally hold a Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in Functional Skills discipline.
You will be delivering teaching sessions to assessors and learners, mainly via Webinar or Skype, therefore you will need to be IT literate. There is also face to face delivery required and this will be on a one to one basis and in a classroom setting group delivery, therefore some travel and potential overnight stays may be required on occasion.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
With a passion for working with others and supporting learners towards maximising their full potential, you will take responsibility for managing a caseload learners, creating a bespoke and meaningful lesson plan and schedule of learning to support and motivate learners towards achieving qualifications, stretching their learning, increasing their knowledge and capabilities and supporting them while they evolve intellectually and professionally.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
- Train, assess, motivate and support learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications in Functional Skills
- Work closely with the assessment team to provide support and mentoring
- Maximise the use of e-learning and using a variety of assessment methods to ensure learners have the chance to evidence their knowledge in a variety of ways.
- Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved training materials, promoting standardisation, use approved training methods to develop the learner and utilise every opportunity to supporting them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 qualifications (minimum)
- PTLLS or above teaching qualification (desirable)
- A1 Assessor Award (desirable)
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
SALARY/BENEFITS: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
- Starting salary £25k-£26k
- Attractive Employee Benefits package, including full travel expenses etc.
- Excellent fringe benefits and opportunity for personal development with further qualifications
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77219583