SEN Teaching Assistant - Nursery Class - 1:1 Support (Autism)
SEN Teaching Assistant - Early Years ASD 1:1 Support - Islington (North London)
A multi-cultural, inclusive and community focused Primary School in North London are looking to recruit a Graduate Teaching Assistant for a full time SEN support role, starting immediately!!
If successful, you will be joining a supportive team within this lovely Islington based Primary School. Your Teaching Assistant position will require you to support a Nursery aged Autistic child 1:1 for the entire academic year (July 2018).
Such an opportunity would be perfect for a psychology graduate, who has experience and a genuine passion for mental health and ASD / Autism in particular!!
The school will be holding trial days and interviews after the half term break. Please READ ON and FIND OUT MORE...
PERSON:- Who are the school looking for?
- Graduate - 1st class or 2:1 Degree - reputable university
- Strong academic background - ability to adapt subject knowledge for child's learning
- Perfect for a Psychology Graduate - understanding of SEN
- Perfectly suited to an aspiring Educational / Clinical / Child Psychologist
- Calm, dedicated and caring individual required!
- Previous ASD support experience required!
ROLE:- What will your role include?
- SEN Teaching Assistant - Full Time
- 1:1 Support - Nursery Class Child with Autism / ASD
- Calm & consistent approach required!
- Elements of personal care / nappy changing
- Support through personal development and interaction with peers
- Focus on development of Speech, Language & Communication
- Helping to grasp curriculum, structure of the day & learning
- ASAP start - valid DBS required!
- Long Term & Full Time - until at least July 2018
- Paid £70 per day - rising to £80
SCHOOL:- Where will you be working?
- Multi cultural Inner City Primary School
- Located in North London - Borough of Islington
- Less than 5 mins walk - Northern Line (Zone 2)
- Excellent leadership & Early Years Team
- Excellent support, induction & training given throughout
- Wonderful learning environment - creative Early Years
If you have your sights set on gaining further SEN experience, ideally within a supportive school environment...ten this is the teaching assistant opportunity for you!!
Apply today, with the school looking to trial and interview after half term. Submit your CV and brief cover letter today.
If shortlisted, we will be in contact within 24hrs.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77317398