Supervisory Accounts Senior
Our client is an established Accountancy Practice based in the heart of Stoke on Trent who requires an Accounts and Audit Senior to join their team. They are dedicated to providing the highest quality business advice and aim to draw on the experience and expertise of a variety of specialist strategic partners providing bespoke business and tax solutions.
The company offers a full study package, flexible working, perk box, death in service (3 x salary), pension, car parking, child vouchers, a suggestion box with the chance to win prizes, and lots of socialising including 2/3 events per year.
- Ensure team member's objectives have been set and are monitored throughout the assignment.
- Supporting the managers. This includes all aspects of planning including budgeting and resourcing, coordinating with the manager, (using the in-house software), client meetings and client visits.
- Where appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular, assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
- When supervising audits:
- Completes the complex and more risky areas of the assignment.
- Provides on the job training and support to assistants and seniors
- Reviews audit work and provide informal feedback to the audit team throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
- Ensures lower risk areas have been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
- Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
- Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
- Be aware of developments concerning client's affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
- Review of limited company accounts jobs. Liaise with managers on any areas of concern and send to client for approval or arrange client meeting
- Control over the work plan for accounts required for sole traders and partnerships including staff allocation, supervision of the staff, review of the work and final approval of the accounts by the client.
- Provide constructive feedback for the completion of staff appraisals on the assistants and seniors.
- Have experience working in a similar role
- High level of attention to detail and a high standard of organisation
- Be able to build strong working relationships with clients, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage demanding workloads and meet deadlines consistently and effectively
- Professional manner
- Team player
- Client focus
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Supervisor, Practice Accounts Manager, Senior Accountant, Accounts Senior.
Commutable from: Stoke on Trent, Fenton, Hanley, Tunstall, Burslem, Newcastle under Lyme, Stone, Stafford, Crewe, Sandbach, Congleton, Biddulph
Hours: Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm - flexi-time is available
Salary: £34k per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77326204