Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client is an established, recognised and service based business who is looking for a Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit a Part Qualified/Finalist (ACCA/CIMA) Accountant who will be responsible for providing management reporting and analysis as well as being responsible for reporting on and maintaining the companies loan portfolio and properties.
The company has seen significant developments in its market over the last couple of years and they are continuing to go from strength to strength with multiple projects happening across their market.
The successful individual will have financial and management accounting experience, reporting at a senior level with a good understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes. It is essential the candidate has a broad skill set within accounting and experience of computerised accounting systems and preparation of accruals and nominal journals. The candidate should have excellent Excel skills with the ability to understand and query inconsistencies and variances between datasets. A pro-active and confident approach is essential as are great communication and problem-solving skills.
Duties will include:
- Provide timely information to produce monthly treasury reports and management accounts, performance indicators and supporting information
- Provide loan and treasury information as required for the annual financial statements and audit
- Monitor and report on the development cashflow forecasts on a weekly basis
- Monitor actual performance against the cashflow and to report on major variances
- Validate development forecast data for the creation of the financial business plan
- Calculate and post journals for monthly development costs and calculate and post journals for monthly capitalised interest for each active scheme
- Maintain records of the company's portfolio of bank loans and capital borrowings, ensuring accurate and up to date records are correctly reflected in the finance system
- Produce all loan and treasury related month end journals and accruals for authorisation, including interest and fee amortisation accruals and loan and deposits balance sheet journals
- Process treasury invoices and interest payments for authorisation, fees and other loan charge payments, ensuring they are paid on time and in accordance with the loan agreements
- Produce lenders' quarterly sales returns and periodic compliance certificates for approval
- Provide information for periodic regulatory reports and information to stakeholders
- Produce and reconcile the quarterly stock movement report
- Liaise with other departments by keeping them informed, gaining information and improving inter-departmental relations
- Maintain an up to date record of properties charged to banks or identified as available to charge, developing the usefulness of this information through the property database
For more information about this role or any other Management Accountant jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77327747