Exclusive position as a Credit/Risk Manager- Central Leicester - £22.5K upwards - FTSE listed organisation
Your new company
Our client is a FTSE listed business that can offer the successful candidate an excellent career path. Part of a multinational organisation, this business has a diverse client portfolio and works with some of the world's most well-known brands.
Your new role
- Minimise financial exposure to GP through timely and robust decision making (new and existing facilities) within personal approval authorities
- Review existing facilities as part of ongoing portfolio management
- Timely identification/escalation/action to address deteriorating trends and to mitigate losses
- Securing and exiting existing high risk/deteriorating facilities in order to minimise Credit and Fraud losses
- The role will be split with c60% Credit Manager duties, c30% Line manager duties and c10% collating and analysing MI for the Credit Review Team
- Supporting the Credit Managers and Line manager as and when required
- Provide guidance to Area Sales Managers to aid understanding of Card Acquiring exposures
- Maintain working knowledge of MasterCard and Visa regulations - specifically chargeback implications.
- Treat Customers Fairly (TCF) and effectively handle all Merchant calls
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will come from a credit/risk background. This role would be suitable to people working in both industry or practice roles currently but someone who is ambitious to work in a corporate environment where your role will have autonomy.
Additionally the ideal candidate will:
- Analytical, judgmental and decision making skills, able to manage highly volatile risk situations whilst under pressure
- Proven credit acumen and sound understanding of effective risk management
- Analysis of data from multiple sources to determine key risks and priorities
- Sound understanding of the nature of Chargeback risk
- Clear understanding of the commercial environment and how it relates to the cards business, together with the principles of effective risk management
- Previous line managerial experience is essential
- Excellent Excel skills including V lookup, formulas and pivot tables
- High level of initiative, able to develop solutions to unique problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, innovative, self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement
- High levels of accuracy
- Quick at learning and highly productive ensuring work streams are completed quickly and effectively whilst following processes
- Team work is crucial
What you'll get in return
Our client prides themselves on the development of their staff. You will gain a competitive salary paying up to 20k plus a great benefits scheme within a corporate and professional business.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Kiran Odedra on 0116 251 2288. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77329190