Role: Accounts Technician
Salary: £18,000- 22,000 - dependent on experience
Location: Devon (commutable from Exeter, Exmouth, Bideford & Oakhampton)
Ambridge Harris is looking for an Accounting Technician to join one of our well established clients in Devon. As an Accounting Technician you will be supporting partners and managers in providing a range of accountancy services to their ever growing client base.
This role would ideally suited to somebody who is not looking to progress onto further studies but settle into a well established team with a role that can offer fantastic variety.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold.
- Preparing tax computations.
- Providing bookkeeping services.
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client's behalf.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email.
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients.
- Assignments will be undertaken both in the office and at client's premises.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade C and 2 A levels at Grade C or equivalent qualification
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses.
- Previous experience in preparing tax computations and returns for limited companies, unincorporated business and individuals
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently.
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref - 20379
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77305620