Accounts Receivable Clerk
A market leading aerospace organisation is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their accounting team on a permanent bases. This role will be based at their Coventry site.
Perform all Accounts Receivable support procedures as required to a high standard of quality and in a timely, efficient manner. Create invoices/claims, record cash receipts, apply cash received, and collect aged items, and reconcile general ledger accounts used in the preceding activities.
As a Accounts Receivable Clerk, your responsibilities will include:
* Prepare invoices and/or claims by utilising input from various sources including external customer base or internal departments. This includes making appropriate general journal entries which effect the P&L and B/S and validating the accuracy of supporting documentation.
* Process payment receipt information to clear open receivables. Interpret remittance payment information, identify invoice information to apply payments to appropriate receivable items, and complete quality control verification to balance to check data.
* Prepare reconciliation of cash suspense accounts and monitor aging of accounts to resolve outstanding items.
* Research and resolve issues where the remittance advice does not clearly identify the purpose of payment. This research includes, but is not limited to communications with internal customer contacts (the sites), researching various company databases, or communicating with the remitter to receive the necessary documentation to post the payment appropriately.
* Produce routine reports, schedules and summaries for FSSC management.
* Identify and resolve Accounts Receivable performance issues; escalate performance issues as appropriate to the AR Manager.
* Meet service level agreements (SLA's) and performance targets related to Accounts Receivable.
* Support period end financial closing activities for Accounts Receivable.
* Perform scanning responsibilities as required for supporting documentation for the Finance Shared Services Centre.
* Communicate issues and share best practice with other team members and manager for the benefit of all.
* Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join an industry leading business which is growing year on year while gaining the necessary skills to progress through the company structure.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77307011