Brewster Pratap are delighted to be working for a hugely successful business on the outskirts of Wakefield centre. Due to growth and positioning themselves well in their market they are now looking to add to the team. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Commercial Accountant will produce actionable analysis and data to drive strategic decisions and company direction.
The Commercial Accountant is responsible for providing a forecasting, accounting and analytical service for sales and margin.
This role covers a Multi Depot Distribution function in addition to a Production Operation.
- Produce regular daily/weekly/monthly reports on sales and margin to enable the business to monitor output and track performance against budget, targets and prior periods in order to inform decisions and determine corrective actions where necessary.
- Work alongside the Financial Controller to produce the monthly management accounts pack and supporting schedules.
- Produce ad hoc reports to further analyse sales and margin, often requiring own initiative to address both general and specific queries and offer own observations on performance.
- Work alongside the Finance Director to determine the annual budget.
- Budgetary control of various aspect of product revenues and costs
- Maintain accurate records on supplier support claims, calculate period claims based upon purchase volumes, work closely with the Commercial team.
- Promote a commercial understanding throughout the business, coach colleagues to generate own reports using recently implemented reporting tools.
This is a fantastic role which needs someone who has worked in a similar environment , understands the complexities of dealing with high volume accounts and has worked in a commercial environment.
You will be a qualified accountant and have previous experience working in a dynamic business. Experience working in a wholesale.manufacturing environment would be preferable but not essential and proven business partnering experience o be able to communicate across the business and externally with Senior Management.
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77208238