A very established and growing firm are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join their debt recovery department. You will be working as part of a team to liaise with customers and process a high volume of litigation cases.
- Liaise with customers, agents and third parties by telephone to maximising recoveries on overdue balances.
- Accurately assess the amount that customers can afford to pay and negotiate realistic repayment plans.
- Use the debt management system to accurately record and note details of calls, key critical dates, payment plans and store documents.
- Progress files through each legal milestone to conclusion or up to the point they may become defended or complex matters.
- Draft letters and ad-hoc written communications to customers.
- Submit customer queries to clients, taking ownership and ensuring they are followed through from start to resolution.
- Experience of working in a litigation/debt recovery environment would be an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy through all work.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of customer service
- Confident approach with excellent interpersonal skills
Salary: £16,000 + company bonus
Holiday: 22 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
Excellent benefits which include: Pension, company sick pay, healthcare cash back scheme, personal accident cover, health club concessions, rewards portal to access offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 450 retailers, free onsite car parking and onsite staff café.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77282845