Gleeson are currently recruiting for a financial accountant to join a well respected brand based in Telford.
The Financial Reporting Accountants main dutiy will be to prepare regulatory returns for submission, in particular Solvency II returns. The Financial Accountant will provide management information (MI) for senior stakeholders that will be used in operational decisions.
Financial Accountant Duties
- Prepare Solvency II regulatory returns on an annual and quarterly basis. To ensure preparation process is suitably controlled and documented.
- Prepare insightful commentary on regulatory returns highlighting key features of the results and material risks and issues arising.
- Ensure source accounting data is held and in a format required for regulatory reporting and prepare relevant adjustments where these are required. Prepare related account reconciliations.
- To develop the reporting process as required including revising processes to make them more efficient or better controlled and to introduce new processes in response to external changes in requirements
- To ensure returns and related documentation are suitable for internal and external audit and to liaise with auditors as required.
- Prepare technical returns required by the business, including but not limited to operational tax returns, statistical information returns and overseas supervisory returns.
- Ensure key controls are clearly documented in Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and relevant evidence is recorded and is suitable for review by senior management and internal and external audit.
- Develop excellent understanding of regulatory and statutory reporting requirements including reconcilaition between all bases to ensure reconciling items can be clearly explained to senior management and other key stakeholders within the business.
- To develop reporting environment making best use of Oracle data warehouse and developing reports and processes to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability in reporting process.
Financial Accountant Experience Required
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- At least 5 years' experience in a finance environment
- Experience within a large financial services organisation
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77275216