ACCOUNTANT – MILTON KEYNES – £35,000 - £40,000
• Are you and experienced Accountant?
• Do you have previous practice experience?
• Are you qualified to a minimum of AAT
We are recruiting for an experienced Accountant to join a friendly and customer focused company based in Towcester.
This role will be responsible for various accounting functions including general ledger maintenance, month end close processing, posting of transactions and various ad-hoc accounting and reporting projects.
• Maintain an accurate general ledger
• Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers
• Complete all month-end accounting procedures timely and accurately
• Apply daily cash receipts in policy management system
• Oversight of financial transactions within policy management system
• Post transactions such as bank transfers, client and broker refund, fixed asset acquisitions, and other miscellaneous disbursements and receipts
• Prepare and distribute monthly billings to brokers
• Compile and reconcile monthly sales bordereaux
• Prepare and compile requests for annual audit
• Prepare statutory filings as required
• Prepare financial reports and variance analysis for management
• Assist in preparation of annual budget and monthly forecasting
• Assist in cash flow forecasting
• Minimum AAT qualified
• Previous accounting experience
• Knowledge of UK GAAP
• Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
• Proficient in Excel and other MS Office products
• Knowledge of FCA compliance and regulations of statutory accounts
• Experience in foreign currency translation is desirable
Apply with your CV immediately or contact Louise Oakley on
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77245280