Cost Accountant - 12 month FTC - Insurance
Leading London Market Insurer require a Cost Accountant on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The objective of the team is to provide the business with transparent information to enable them to steer the costs of group, by producing consolidated internal expense results, forecasts, plans and other relevant management information.
Responsibilities will include:
To become a subject matter expert in the following areas
- All key internal management reporting which includes but is not limited to FSC papers, applicable board papers & local management information made on request.
- The production of the reporting of actual cost performance against applicable benchmarks, forecasting, budgeting and planning deliveries internally and for Group, and presentation to management.
- The cost data quality assurance process, including cost centre structures & allocations and managing effectively all expense systems and ensure changes match the pace of the business.
- The accruals/prepayment & recharging process ensuring all costs are accurately recorded & reconciled for the applicable entities as well as supporting the relevant GL accounts.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of key assumptions & decisions inherent in the expense process.
- Ensure all processes are documented effectively, detailing areas of financial judgement.
- Manage tasks within agreed timetable including booking relevant review meetings with management.
- Critically appraise all processes and assumptions on an ongoing basis with a 'continual improvement outlook' and proactively engage with relevant stakeholders to improve where opportunity exists.
- Assist in other areas of the team where appropriate and any other ad-hoc task as assigned
The successful candidate must be a qualified/part qualified accountant, ideally CIMA, with advanced Excel skills (V-look ups/pivot tables), with a proven background in cost accounting.
For more information please contact , 0207 481 8111
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77191978