Assistant Management Accountant
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join a long established and rapidly growing Distribution business in the Stoke on Trent area. This is a newly created role to provide support and cover to the Group Management Accountant. Our client is a leader within their field and has experienced growth year on year. With multiple sites in the area and investment into their systems, this is an exciting chance to gain exposure to all aspects of the finance function with excellent prospects of development as the company grows.
Initially the Assistant Management Accountant role will be focused on shadowing and documenting the complete role of the Group Management Accountant. Moving forward the Assistant Management Accountant will develop to take ownership of certain aspects and to develop and improve them.
Duties will consist of:-
- Assisting with the full preparation of monthly management accounts of 5 subsidiaries and 1 group consolidation. Including full review, analysis and reconciliation of sales, purchase and general ledgers.
- Preparation of separate cost centre trading profit and loss accounts.
- Assisting with the annual budget and regular forecasting and analysis.
- Active role in supporting the annual audit.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Management Accountant
- Full or part qualified ACCA/CIMA and will also consider candidates who are qualified by experience
- Strong Excel skills - including active experience of Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Sumif
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Keen to develop and improve both personally and the processes of the role
- Good team player but can also work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
This position is based in Fenton and is commutable from areas including Stoke on Trent, Kidsgrove, Newcastle under Lyme, Burslem and Hanley.
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 5pm - 37.5 hours a week
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77250470