Senior Tax Manager
Corporate Tax Manager job in Cambridge
To work as part of the Tax Consulting team managing tax based projects, including corporate reorganisations, incorporations, share schemes, R&D tax, capital allowances, loan relationships, intangible assets, property transactions, corporate transaction structuring, tax due diligence and other ad-hoc tax projects.
A Tax Consulting Manager will act as a specialist with responsibility for tax advice to a small dedicated client base and in addition will handle a wide range of referrals for occasional assignments, together producing fees of £250,000 per annum or more.
The Manager will take full responsibility for client requirements and require little partner involvement beyond final review. He or she will be fully responsible for WIP control, billing procedures and debtor control and will take full responsibility for the effective production of work within the team, including mentoring, assisting with team organisation and team appraisals. He or she will be commercial and proactive in fee development.
- Consistently produces complete report and advice to a high standard in accordance with PB specialist requirements, needing final partner review only.
- Effective provision of tax planning advice to clients, both direct to clients and through corporate and business team portfolio managers throughout the firm.
- Displays pro-active awareness of current relevant legislation, compliance standards and potential advantages, relating them to client situations.
- Proactively identifies new clients and opportunities.
- Effectively controls own portfolio and client costs.
- Effectively delegates work to and mentors the team, including planning, instruction and review of work, and giving constructive feedback through job appraisals.
- Raises high quality business correspondence including technically demanding reports, advice letters etc whilst demonstrating a value for money service to clients.
- Takes full responsibility for WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate Partners.
- Focuses on effective work for good clients and queries additional work for uncommercial clients with relevant partners.
- Welcomes opportunities to meet with referral sources for fee development purposes.
- Includes opportunities for fee development in client conversations or correspondence where appropriate.
- Is the main point of contact for client queries in most instances.
- Maintains effective working relationships with clients including proactive contact.
- Confident, articulate and able to communicate with all levels (externally and internally)
- Well presented and professional
- An effective team leader, producing reliable results and commanding respect from the team
- Good IT skills
- Highly reliable
- An assertive and confident communicator
- Well organised
- Self motivated
- Efficient and encourages efficiency in others
- Shows excellent judgement
- Mature and professional: takes responsibility for the job
- Able to influence decision making.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 25 days Holiday (plus bank holidays and the ability to purchase or sell 5 extra days)
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- A relaxed and professional environment
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte for further details.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77262442