It seems more companies are implementing Splunk and as much my client who are a FTSE 100 organisation need to bring on-board a Splunk Engineer. It goes without saying that you will need to have a passion for security, system monitoring, analysis and developing/automating creative solutions. You will need to be experienced in identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them. As the Splunk Engineer you will be involved in the continued rollout and delivery of Splunk across the organisation. This will include driving the on-boarding, assisting with design, implementation and best practice of security and ongoing support of the global implementation of Splunk.
• Splunk Enterprise 6 Cluster Administration for large scale multi-site deployments
• Understanding of the Splunk Common Information Model, RBAC and permissions
• Understanding of Splunk Data Models
• Understanding of Splunk configurations, dependencies, and forwarder management
• Understands Splunk architecture and components (search head, deployment server, cluster master, indexers, forwarders (HF/UF)
• Splunk - Advanced Search, Reporting and Splunk Enterprise Security
• Dashboard implementation
• Experience in Linux operating system (Red Hat 6.5 & above preferred)
• Windows 2008 (and above) server administration
• Scripting knowledge (Python, Bash, PowerShell & Batch)
• Basic Network Protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, UDP, etc)
• Experience in SIEM solutions
• Experience in Splunk Software Upgrades
• PCI DSS
My client are offering an excellent salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work on some amazing projects and that be career defining.
Please apply today for immediate response.