Senior Technical Consultant - Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Juniper
You will be the pinnacle of technical knowledge providing both pre-sales support and post-sales implementation in a way that clearly differentiates the company from other solution providers. Senior Technical Consultants are in fact Solutions Architects and you will be completely self-motivated with an ongoing desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology.
You will also be expected to ensure that solutions are provided in a quality fashion in keeping with the company’s ISO 9000 certification. Finally they will be expected to act as mentor to two or three more junior members of the services team.
TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
A professional technical qualification is required. Since this role will be specifically in the Security solutions arena, it is expected that qualifications will include a current Check Point or Cisco security certification. Expertise and/or certification in other products such as Juniper, Bluecoat, AV, RSA etc would also be expected.
Your technical expertise should include;
- Checkpoint (Minimum CCSA, ideally CCSE)
Experience of the computing industry and possession of two or more recognised manufacturer’s certifications (as indicated above). They will also require a minimum of two specialist skills one of which must clearly be in the provision of Check Point solutions and the ability to demonstrate several successful, large installations as part of their track record.
Must have face to face customer experience and have the ability to convince potential buyers of the soundness of the proposed solution. Demonstrable examples will be required.
TASKS / DUTIES
- To work with sales account management and/or project management in assessing sales opportunities and subsequently developing the technical content of any response to an invitation to tender or request for proposal. In this pre-sales capacity, develop a full understanding of the customer’s technical requirements with a view to creating a long-term business relationship. This may also include the delivery of presentations at seminars or to specific customers.
- To work with the project management team in terms of the actual implementation of the solution, be prepared to actively participate in the actual roll-out (e.g. physical build of rack mounted servers and software installation).
- To propose new software or hardware technologies and vendors that you believe would present a good business opportunity.
- To ensure that project plans and documentation are available on time and in line with the appropriate company standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK's most successful Managed Services Providers.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this opportunity.