Security Engineer (Email & DLP)
Tesco's Technology department is now seeking a Security Engineer - EMAIL & DLP to join the team!
The Security Engineer will be responsible for delivering security capabilities for the organisation, this will include researching, engineering, implementing and operating enterprise email security products and technology (SPF, DKIM, DMARC and PKI), and data loss prevention (DLP). This involves managing and improving email security compliance, through automation, monitoring and alerting, SIEM integration, development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines covering all aspects of email.
About The Technology Security Team
The Tesco security team work collaboratively with our engineering teams to support security throughout the development lifecycle, as well as to build proactive monitoring and responses to security events. We are the eyes and ears of the organisation using the latest technologies to increase visibility and protection of our systems, services and data to reduce risk and impact to our customers, colleagues and business. We need to stay ahead of the latest threats, continuously improving our tooling, training and processes.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Represent the Technology Security team and assist other teams to investigate security incidents
- Work closely and collaboratively with security, infrastructure and engineering teams
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the wider global Technology organisation and the business to establish effective and productive relationships
- Involvement in and leading of security incidents which occur on Tesco systems
- Drive improvements for use cases for the security operations team
- Drive adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact
- Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the team
- Share knowledge with the wider security community
- Champion continuous improvement within the department
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of working with enterprise endpoint security platforms:
- A good understanding of information and cyber security principles and best practices
- A strong understanding of e-mail and DLP security controls (including SPF, DKIM, DMARC and PKI)
- Experience of working with O365 Exchange Online Protection, Forcepoint, Mimecast or similar security products would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Ideally have experience in Cloud architectures and engineering solutions to meet needs in the cloud
- Ability to pick up new products and platforms quickly, transferring skills and best practices when needed
- Willing to join an on call rota and work outside of normal business hours when occasionally required
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- SANS GIAC
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation