SF Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a fantastic PE backed business based near Birmingham City Centre. This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team and a place where you can mould the role into your own and add your own stamp onto processes and improvements. This role will also be managing a team of two therefore need to have managerial or mentoring experience.
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts, analysing and reporting on performance and commenting on material variances
- Overseeing and working with a growing team of Assistant Accountants to ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled and kept "clean"
- Assisting the FD to plan and implement the integration of newly-acquired companies, which are currently coming on-stream on a regular basis
- Preparing annual financial budgets for review
- Monitoring daily cash movements and assisting with cashflow management and planning
- Preparing year end schedules and liaising with auditors to ensure a smooth and successful audit process
- Allocating workloads, and mentoring the other finance team members to develop and maintain the highest quality accounting habits and disciplines
- A fully-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Appropriate first-hand experience of Management and Financial Accounting in a commercial environment is a pre-requisite
- Must have substantial experience with and knowledge of Excel, developed through use in real-life situations
- Evidence of good interpersonal and team management skills will be highly valued
- Able to demonstrate technical proficiency and up-to-date knowledge of accounting developments
- Competence with the other elements of Microsoft Office software would be helpful
- Personal qualities must include enthusiasm, adaptability, tenacity, self-starter and an absolute commitment to achieve team and personal objectives and meet deadlines
- Start date - as soon as possible but certainly no longer than 3 months
If you feel you have the relevant skills for this role please do click apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77239802