Events and Marketing Assistant
Events Marketing Assistant
The role is primarily to provide support to the Marketing Manager to ensure that marketing projects and events are successfully delivered for the business.
The role requires the involvement and building of relationships with marketing team members and other areas of the business as necessary to ensure full marketing administration support is provided.
Main duties and responsibilities
Marketing support including:
· Managing purchase orders and invoice processing for all marketing and sponsorship related activities.
· Updating invoice logs.
· Researching and ordering materials/equipment/supplies relating to the marketing department.
· Assisting with a schedule of direct marketing campaigns.
· Researching advertising opportunities and negotiating costs on behalf of the Marketing Manager.
· Booking advertising and liaising with design/print house to ensure timely delivery of copy.
· Distribution of press releases as required by the marketing team.
· Regular stock checks of marketing literature.
· Assist with basic copy writing for selected marketing literature and event show guides.
· Updating and managing a database of promotional companies for regular mailshots.
· General filing/scanning.
Events logistics and administration support:
· Assisting with corporate hospitality enquiries and bookings.
· Managing the associated admin for bookings through to invoicing and despatch of tickets/related information.
· Liaising with relevant departments to assist with the set up and breakdown of all hospitality suites before and after major events.
· Preparation of media centre prior to major events.
· Preparing hospitality goody bags in readiness for the events.
· Researching new attractions/entertainment for specific events.
· Supervising entertainers/attractions at selected events.
· Preparing dressing rooms/riders for acts and entertainment.
· Strong track record in administration role ideally in Marketing and Events environment.
· Must be prepared to work several key event weekends throughout the year.
· There are at least 10 events throughout the year where early mornings and late evenings are required. You will be paid £150 per day for these events or time in lieu.
· You need to be social and enjoy interacting with people
Essential skills and experience
· Highly organised, ability to work pro actively, multi task and use own initiative to prioritise work.
· Hard working, professional, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Work effectively alone or as a member of the wider team.
· Strong attention to detail.
· This is for someone that studied media, events or events management
· At least 3 years or up experience working
If you have worked in the industry for a few years and enjoy a demanding and rewarding role, please send your CV to Mardi Cather
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77236086