Behaviour focused teaching assistant
***Behaviour focussed Teaching Assistant***
***South West London***
We are currently working with a SEMH (social emotional and mental health difficulties) school in South West London. They are currently looking to recruit a teaching assistant, this is for an immediate start.
This school caters for key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils who have SEMH. The centre currently has 80 students, all of which are assigned to small class sizes (no more than 6 students per class). There is also a quiet zone where disruptive students are sent, so classes can continue to run smoothly.
The school is within walking distance to a mainline train station and a short bus ride from the closest tube. Access to a car would be advantageous
Key skills and experience needed:
- Teaching Assistant
- Strong behaviour management or experience working with pupils who have SEBD
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77198725