Learning Support Assistant
APT & C Scale 9 £11,124 per annum
26.66 hrs pw / 38 weeks pa
Required as soon as possible
Hours of work will be 8.45am – 2.45pm.
Closing date: Friday 3rd November 2017 (9am)
Queensmead is an ‘outstanding’, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school where students achieve highly and display ‘exemplary behaviour’ (Ofsted).
Our Learning Support Department is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join our hardworking team.
Your Learning Support Assistant role includes but is not limited to:
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education /
- Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- Attend to the pupil’s personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, medical, hygiene and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Assist in the preparation and development of agreed curriculum activities
- Undertake programmes linked to local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy and numeracy, recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher
Your Skills and background
- Demonstrate initiative
- Demonstrate an ability to work co-operatively with staff and students.
As part of your Learning Support Assistant you will be expected to support students, aged 11-18 years of age, who experience a range of learning difficulties.
This is a fixed term position until 31st August 2018 and will be reviewed at the end of this period.
Applications for this position will be shortlisted and interviewed at the earliest opportunity. Early applications for this post are recommended.
Advertising Posted by Recruit Zone global flat fee services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77238622