To provide first class HR services to a geographically dispersed client group within Northrop Grumman UK Limited. The role is a generalist role with a slant towards Employee Relations and Compensation and Benefits. The HR Advisor (P3) is part of a team of 3 HR Advisors (one at P1 and one at P2) and reports to both the HR Service Delivery Lead and the Head of HR Operations. The key clients are all internal to NGUK and include managers, employees and the HR Business Partners who support the regions.
In scope are the following activities:
- Provide back-up cover to the HR Advisor P1 and P2 in the administration of the @askHR inbox and telephone line, responding and logging all incoming queries and providing advice and guidance to employees and managers.
- Support with administrative and HR processing matters as required.
- Develop, update and maintain all HR Policies and Procedures ensuring that they are submitted for approvals and released through the HR SharePoint site.
- Maintain all template offer and contractual paperwork ensuring it is compliant with legislation and promotes the Northrop Grumman culture.
- Respond to employee and managers queries as escalated by the HR Advisor’s P1 and P2 acting as 3rd line support.
- Manage complex ER cases that are escalated by the HR Advisor P2.
- Provide support and assistance to HRBP’s on organisational change projects.
- Review and amend Corporate training material as appropriate and deliver train the trainer session to HRBP’s for HR topical areas such as compensation planning and performance management.
- Support the HRBP’s in the application of job levels and the interpretation of compensation data.
- Manage the annual merit and bonus programme and administer the long service recognition programme; collating data; conducting alignment analysis and submitting for approvals to Corporate and Sector.
- Support annual salary survey reviews.
- Lead audit processes as required.
- Manage TUPE Transfers.
- POC in-country for the annual Engagement & Inclusion survey ensuring that the HRBP’s contribute to hierarchy development/confirmation and that the resources are available to line managers and HRBP’s.
- Support the HR Service Delivery Lead and Head of HR Operations with HR projects.
- Act as ambassador for HR proactively driving up standards and ensuring that the business understands the benefits of the function.
- Travel to other UK locations may be required as is the potential of international travel.
• Ability to interpret HR data in particular compensation data.
• Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent customer focus.
• Degree educated.
• CIPD qualified to level 5 or Masters Equivalent in HR related subject.
• Excellent employment law understanding and application of legislation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, follow-up, problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
Desirable criteria :
- Experience working within a shared service centre.