Teacher of Art
Teacher of Art required for a January 2018 start, Folkestone
Folkestone Academy offers a state of the art learning environment for over 1800, 11-18 year olds. We believe that all our young people are entitled to an academically rigorous curriculum, supported by a unique form of pastoral care and guidance. We offer an innovative, inspiring place to work with a commitment to personal career development and training.
Our aim is to inspire pupils through the delivery of motivational lessons. The academy has superb teaching talent at all levels, complimented by an energetic and dynamic leadership team. Awarded a Good grading by Ofsted in November 2015, the vision for the Academy is to become an outstanding school within the next five years- a vision that as a Teacher of Art you will play a vital part in.
You will be:
* An outstanding classroom practitioner in your specialist subject with a proven record in raising student attainment and proficient in teaching at different Key Stages
* A Qualified teacher with QTS status including NQTs
* Passionate about providing every child with the support, tools and capacity to make outstanding progress in all areas.
* A creative, inventive and dedicated classroom practitioner with a real passion for your subject
In return we will offer you:
* A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
* Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
* The opportunity to develop in a supported and structured environment
* Opportunities for further promotion for talented colleagues
If you are an ambitious professional, an advocate for all children and you believe in helping and challenging others to realise their potential, this could be the right position for you. We encourage you to visit the Academy for a tour or an informal chat prior to application.
To learn more about the school, please visit www.hays.co.uk/jobs/folkestone-academy
For more information about working with us, and to obtain an application pack please contact our recruitment partner, Breaghn Cameron at Hays Education on 01273 729465 or
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77208103