Sales Ledger Clerk
Robert Half are working in partnership with a market leading organisation based in Bristol, who are looking to appoint a Sales Ledger Clerk to join their business on a 3-6 month interim contract.
Based in an impressive office with parking on-site, the company have a very strong reputation within their market and have seen strong growth over the last few years.
To support the sales ledger supervisor in administering the sales ledger function. Issuing sales ledger invoices, receiving, posting and reconciling income and posting this accurately to customer accounts, providing credit control support; issuing reminders and chasing debt as necessary.
- To raise and dispatch debtor invoices as required in accordance with agreed procedures and to respond to requests from customers to make payments by standing order, direct debit, giro or other means.
- Creation of accounts and input of charges.
- Examinations of customer credits.
- Issue of accurate accounts for household related services.
- Dealing with correspondence regarding accounts raised and other debtors invoiced
- Liaison with internal and external customers regarding information needed for accounts and other debtors and to resolve queries.
- Posting cash received files to the sales ledger and allocating this to customer accounts. Investigating any suspense accounts and making sure that these are cleared on a daily basis.
- Posting direct debit payments onto customer accounts in the system ensuring that all are accurately posted and reconciled
- Processing write-off onto system depending upon appropriate authorisation
- Provide credit control service cover including: Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments; Maintaining contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment; Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- To positively contribute and participate in the development and improvement of services provided by the Finance Team.
- Any other reasonable requests as required by management
Salary & Benefits
For further information or to apply, please contact Laura Hearn at Robert Half ASAP on 0117 993 5400 or
This is a Temporary position paying £9.00 - £10.00ph (+holiday pay) starting ASAP - the client operate a 37.5 hour working week.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77223750