Higher Level Teaching Assistant
We are currently looking for a strong Higher Level Teaching Assistant who specialises in SEN.
Our school are based in Harborne area (5-6 miles West of the city of Birmingham) with 3 forms to each year group and our team are very supportive with plenty of TA's to support our teachers.
This role is due to start in December 2017 and is full time, permanent.
If you hold HLTA status or have extensive Teaching Assistant experience then you may be considered for this role ofa Higher Level Teaching Assistant. The minimum requirement is a Level 3 qualification or Degree
Higher Level Teaching Assistant:
- Implementing the 'Asses Plan Do Review' approach
- Carry out observations on any concerns toward pupil learning and development
- To carry out assessments, write and deliver personalised learning support plans
- To assist with provision mapping of pupils on the SEND register
- Supporting SEND and Lower Achieving pupils on a 1:1 or small group basis in and outside the classroom
- To run interventions and measure progress
- Working with the Head of Learning Support and teachers to monitor progress of pupils and suggest strategies for in class support
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils' achievement, progress, and other matters, ensuring availability of appropriate evidence
- Select and prepare resources necessary to lead learning activities, taking account of pupils interests, language and cultural backgrounds
- Advise on appropriate deployment and use of specialist aid/ resources/ equipment
- To ensure pupils and parents are fully involved in any learning support interventions
- To attend pupil progress review meetings and any relevant phase meetings
Please apply below or call Ben Walters on 0121 616 7610 to share your interest in this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77224081