Temporary to Permanent Position
Your new School
This school is an 11 to 18 mixed comprehensive school, maintained by the Monmouthshire local authority. There are currently 1,000 pupils on roll including the sixth form. Leadership has been effective in making recent improvements in school performance & there is a clear and accurate understanding of the school's strengths and of the specific areas that need to be improved. The school provide excellent long-term career prospects to all staff with the opportunity for progression & skill development.
Your new role
You will be a Personal Assistant to the Headteacher and perform all necessary tasks requested by the Headteacher. You will undertake a full range of secretarial and administrative duties to the Headteacher and will ensure the efficient and effective running of the Headteacher's office and daily business. You will also take part in the school's performance and management process & will attend governing body meetings if required. You must promote and safeguard the welfare of children of the school along with a commitment to furthering equality in service delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
It is desirable to have the following skills & experience.
- Experience of working as a Personal Assistant.
- Experience of using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software, information systems in an administrative environment.
- Experience of producing meeting minutes and documents of a high quality.
- Knowledge of and commitment to school policies including Child Protection, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- Self-starter, work on own initiative, strong organisational skills, and good written communications.
- Ability to establish priorities and meeting agreed targets and deadlines.
- Proven high communication skills, oral and written in order to produce detailed reports and memos.
- Ability to set up and develop administrative systems, for checking, monitoring data, budgets and job evaluations and the ability to use information technology to a high degree of expertise.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail and an ability to stick at routine tasks.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to obtain a permanent role at a very well-run school. You will be offered an initial hourly rate of £11.00 and will be able to develop your administrative skills in a PA role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77222644