KS2 Teacher job in Southwark
SEND Teacher job in Southwark - Start 30th October 2017
Job Title: Qualified SEND Teacher
Location: London Borough of Southwark
Contract Type: Long Term Job
Start Date: 30th October 2017
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Your new school:
This Special school is caters for students aged 3 to 11 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH). They are a well-established and very experienced local provider of quality specialised education provision and cater for children with complex conditions.
The school itself is located within walking distance of a tube station which provides easy access to/from Central and South London. The school are looking to offer the right candidate the opportunity to continue long term until at least the full academic year, where discussions will be held for an extended annual contract.
Your new job:
In your new teaching job you will be delivering high quality lesson content, which will keep pupils engaged and motivated to create the best possible learning environment. You will be responsible for teaching KS2, to students who have EHC Plans which are designed in line with supporting SEMH. This includes Autism (ASD) an elements of pastoral care (Behavioural, Bullying and Trauma). The pupils are verbal and working in line with the national curriculum, however lessons should be tailored to include fun activities with an emphasis on working in small and large groups.
These pupils are supported by multiple Teaching Assistants and some pupils are also supported by a qualified Speech and Language Therapist who will provide guidelines that should be incorporated into the lesson plans.
In return, you will receive a supportive and nurturing workplace, and be part of an established and engaging team. If you are looking for extra responsibilities the school do not currently offer TLR, but do provide opportunities to complete CPD training as well as SEND related modules.
What you'll need to succeed:
* PGCE/ QTS in Education (or equivalent)
* Experience delivering students the national curriculum tailored to an SEND setting
* To be a motivated and passionate teacher with strong class management skills
* Previous experience working with students who have SEMH
* Ability to work as part of a team and supporting Special schools
* Knowledge of Makaton, PECS and Visual Timetables would be an advantage (not essential)
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
How to apply:
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Nicholas Louch on 0207 259 8770 or email for more information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77201895