Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Our highly prestigious client has a fantastic opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis. The role is working in a large corporate environment as part of a Finance Department of 30, in which you will be responsible for supervising a team of 2. The company is leader in their field with a global reputation, who through their innovation has experienced rapid growth and expansion.
As the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for supervising multiple Purchase Ledgers, with a total invoice volume of approximately 25000 per year.
- Supervising the Purchase Ledger team, ensuring they maintain high levels of accuracy when entering the invoices onto the Purchase Ledger.
- Responsible for the payment of supplier invoices in a timely manner, ensuring the necessary controls and checks are in place to eliminate duplicate processing and payments of supplier invoices.
- Ensure the correct treatment of VAT on all invoices.
- Management of the workload of Purchase Ledger Clerks, with an expectation that you will need to pitch in with invoice processing where necessary.
- Responsible for processing and paying period Intercompany invoices.
- Managing cash flow to ensure sufficient funds for weekly payment runs.
- Consider Purchase Ledger procedures, and the streamlining of procedures
- Regular review and reporting of the Aged Creditors report to ensure aged items and debit balances are kept to a minimum.
- Reconciliation of nominal ledger control accounts for the purchase ledger.
- First point of contact for supplier invoices.
- Regular supplier reconciliations for major suppliers.
- Reporting of Purchase Ledger KPIs, ensuring KPIs and targets are met.
- Minimum AAT Qualified
- Previous Purchase Ledger experience is essential.
- Excellent basic accounting knowledge essential (debits and credits) with experience of nominal ledger reconciliations.
- Experience of supervising Purchase Ledger in a fast paced multi-currency, multi-entity company with a high volume and value of invoices.
- Strong VAT experience essential
- Demonstrable experience of driving process efficiencies and complex problem solving.
- Strong Numeracy and Good Microsoft Excel knowledge.
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Payable Manager, Accounts Payable Supervisor, Purchase Ledger Manager, Purchase Ledger Team Leader, Accounts Payable Team Leader
Commutable from: Stoke on Trent, Burslem, Hanley, Fenton, Longton, Stone, Stafford, Congleton, Crewe, Sandbach, Kidsgrove, Talke, Leek.
Salary: Up to £35k per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, either 8.30am - 5.00pm or 9.00am - 5.30pm
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77084940