Behaviour focused teaching assistant
Start ASAP - FULL TIME
Veritas are working with a mainstream secondary school based in Richmond/Twickenham. The school are looking for an experienced teaching assistant to join their team asap. The ideal candidate would have experience working with challenging behaviour, SEMH and ADHD. The role will involve working 1:1 with a year 7 student and also some small group work with 3-4 other students within the SEN department.
The ideal candidate will have strong maths and English skills. Strong behaviour management skills are also essential.
The candidate will need a DBS on the update service
The school is located 10mins walk from a local train station and close to various local bus routes. Access to a car would be advatageous.
Skills and experience:
* Experience working 1:1 and providing SEN support in an educational setting
* Strong behaviour management skills, experience working SEMH/ADHD students
* Professional and enthusiastic approach
* Graduated from a leading university
If you are interested in this challenging role, please send your CV to Gemma at Veritas Education
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77089745