Systems Administrator, Solaris, HPUX, Linux, UNIX, VMWare, Python, CentOS
The Systems Administrator will manage the server infrastructure and network to ensure the security and availability of the infrastructure. The Systems Administrator will have access to some great benefits and work in a great team.
You'll be an enthusiastic and driven IT professional with a background in Systems administration, specializing in automation, central configuration management, security, disaster recovery, and monitoring.
The Systems Administrator will have the following main duties and responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new application features and functionality in a Linux/UNIX environment
- In-depth knowledge on server administration and routine support on daily basis.
- Installing, Tuning, Patching, Monitoring and Upgrading Servers.
- Knowledge of Data centre techniques and processes and experience working in high-availability 24/7 situations with large server estates
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and similar Cloud-based services would be a strong advantage
- Setup backups, testing on regular basis and disaster recovery provisions.
- Maintain documentation of maintenance and upgrade tasks
The Systems Administrator will work in a Technical Environment consisting of
- FreeBSD, CentOS
- Perl, Python, Bash
- Thorough understanding of VMWare, design and implementation of infrastructure solutions
- Good understanding of capacity planning, management and backup solutions
- Server hardening technologies
- Veritas Volume Manager
The Systems Administrator will have the following key skills & knowledge
- Educated to a Degree level
- A good-humoured team player, you will take pride in your work and be able to thrive in a fairly pressurised environment with the ability to prioritise your own time carefully
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
More searches like this
- Banking, Finance & Insurance Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Technology & New Media Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)