£45,000 - £50,000
I?m currently working on behalf a very innovative organisation who manufactures products to sell into the construction industry. They are on a constant growth plan and aim to find an ?outside the box? thinker and someone who can grow with the business moving forward.
- Provides Engineering expertise to the Operations Division and Manufacturing and Warehousing Managers. Leading engineering projects under the direction of the Plant Manager. Ensure the effective installation, maintenance and improvement of all Plant, equipment, operations services and buildings in line with budgets and cost targets to give optimum performance.
- Improving efficiencies and output by delivery on improvement and other projects.
- Limiting time lost due to breakdowns etc through an effective Planned Maintenance programme.
- Risk management ? minimizing company exposure through effective systems and management.
Description of main tasks:
- Input into the planned maintenance schedule reviewing and amending with the Manufacturing Team Leaders.
- Managing the procurement and installation of capital items either from within the Company or from external suppliers.
- Leading Professional Maintenance Pillar.
- Assist, lead projects to improve and achieve optimum performance from all plant, equipment and services.
- Maintenance spare parts budget control.
- Availability/Placing/ receiving maintenance parts orders through system with suppliers.
- Maintain and control Maintenance Suppliers contact database.
- Ensures Health and Safety and other standards are adhered to.
- Manages mandatory training for the Maintenance Process Operators.
- Project Management as required by the Plant Manager for Engineering Projects.
- Preparation of drawings of Plant using CAD techniques.
- Specifying, agreeing, monitoring and amending project plans in close liaison with Plant Manager.
- Presenting proposed capital budget to Plant Manager.
- Prepare, review, and revise operational procedures for approval.
- Maintain buildings and services to a good state.
- Control of services budget.
- Appoints and manages external contractors, service contracts ensuring best value and service.
This Job Description is used to detail the key accountabilities and responsibilities of the position. It is not exhaustive and other duties may be included as appropriate to the level of the position.
HNC ? Electrical Engineering
Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
Lean, World Class Manufacturing knowledge would be an advantage
Project Management/People Management
English essential both written and verbal
Strong leadership and IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959441044