IT Support Analyst
IT Support/ Desktop Support - Leading Commodities Broker (Financial Services) - City of London
We are one of the UK's leading Commodities, Financial Futures and Options Brokers, with a strong and established market reputation spanning over thirty years. We have over 200 users in our London City HQ and we are looking for an IT Support Technician to join on a permanent basis.
The job holder will be expected to provide support to our in-house user base and some external customers who trade online who all rely heavily on Information technology. In an industry where accurate, reliable and timely information is critical to business success the role of the Support Analyst is both demanding and rewarding.
The focus will be to provide 1st/2nd line technical support but in the role you will gain frequent exposure to 3rd line technologies whilst working closely with more senior engineers. This is a great opportunity to enhance your technical skillset.
- To provide support of desktop hardware and software applications.
- To liaise with information suppliers, such as Reuters, Bloomberg and to facilitate changes and enable swift resolution of any interruption to service.
- To monitor the Call logging system and attend to requests for support quickly and effectively.
- To maintain existing documented procedures and create documentation for new procedures.
- Other IT related duties as required to support the business.
Skill Requirements - Essential
The job requires that the position holder has the following skills:
- At least 1 to 2 year's experience in a support role.
- Office 2010 Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure
- Basic Network experience (gateways, routers, switches etc)
- Windows 7 & Windows 8 workstation
- MS Exchange 2010
Additional Technologies you'll gain exposure to:
- Market Data Vendor systems (Reuters, Bloomberg etc.)
- Linux Redhat
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 R2
- Virtual Servers
- Any financial experience would be particularly useful but not essential
City of London, United Kingdom
£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus (15%-20%) & benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959439904