Principal Developer Software Engineer Java J2EE J2SE London
Principal Developer required by my software consultancy client in London.
(Java J2EE API Senior Technical Lead Developer Software Craftsman Craftsperson Evangelist TDD Microservices Micro Services Micro-services CQRS Event Sourcing DevOps Agile Software Engineer Architect Programmer RESTful Digital Consultant Consultancy Cloud Azure AWS Amazon Web Services)
You MUST have the following experience:
- Excellent Java J2EE (developer / programmer /software engineer)
- Strong TDD (Test-Driven Development / Test Driven Development)
- Ability to technically lead projects and teams
- A passion for keeping up to date with technology
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- A contributor to the online and open-source community
- Cloud experience (AWS / Amazon Web Services / Azure)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo/Hudson, Maven, Travis)
- One of the following:
- DDD (Domain Driven Design / Domain-Driven Design)
- CQRS- Command Query Responsibility Segregation/ Event-sourcing / Event Sourcing
- Micro services (microservices / micro-services) knowledge, even if not commercial
Role: Principal Java Developer (Java J2EE Software Engineer/Programmer) for an established software consultancy in London. You will be working on projects for a range of clients, including Amazon and Google, including start-ups, across London zones 1 and 2. Unlike other consultancies, you will have the ability to decline work based on the location.
Some of the work will be to extend existing applications, some of the work will be completely greenfield.
The role will utilise your technical strengths however you may be required to learn and use new technologies/languages.
You will only work on projects that involve up to date methods such as DDD, microservices (micro services / micro-services), CQRS and event-sourcing. They invest heavily in training and have an unlimited budget for relevant courses and materials for staff. They attend and host development community events.
This is an opportunity to be involved in some exciting projects and have input in all areas - requirement gathering, design, architecture, development and technical ownership.
The environment is relaxed and creative. The culture is meritocratic and rewards talent.
You will be
- Able to discuss projects/requirements confidently with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willing and able to learn new skills quickly
Salary: £80k - £110k + benefits (including conference allowances and unlimited training budgets)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959438867