I am currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer to work in a busy production environment based in Northampton.
Main Purpose of the Shift Engineer Role:
Support the site's operations by providing high quality and on time services for the production department that requires engineering specific knowledge and skills.
Main Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer:
- Flexible with regards to shift work and ensuring and job started is seen through to completion
- Implement and complete projects as and when required
- Use and regularly update the departmental reporting systems including reporting on faults
- Adhere to priorities set by Engineering Manager
- Handle engineering support requests for the production area and for the plant's infrastructure on a daily basis.
- Utilise the repair materials in a cost effective manner
- Keep your work areas clean and tidy
- Cover for other members of the engineering team during their absence as required
- Compliance with the company's Health and Safety requirement's
Shift Engineers Knowledge & Experience:
- Self-motivated and can work under their own initiative
- Have proven fault finding experience within a busy production environment
- Have experience working with PLC's, AC & DC drives
- Have a minimum of 5 years engineering experience in Machine Maintenance
- Experience in machine installation is also essential
- Electrical bias split 70/30 or 60/40
Shift Engineers General Responsibilities
Health and Safety:
- It is vital that all colleagues recognise and acknowledge they have responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Health and safety is an integral part of our activities and all colleagues are expected to play their part in creating a safe working environment.
- You are required to report any accident, hazard or near miss or faulty equipment to your manager.
- You are required to comply with management in all health and safety matters.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to quality and quality improvement in all aspects of the role.
- Keep work area clean and tidy, and hazard free.
- To effectively work as a team, follow instructions, cooperate with others.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- With Company policies and procedures and management instructions.
Shift Engineers Salary:
Hours of work:
Monday - Friday 10pm - 6am
2 days off
Monday - Friday 2pm - 10pm
2 days off
Monday - Friday 6am - 2pm
2x 12 hours shifts (Saturday, Sunday)
7 days off.
If you are interested in the role of Shift Engineer, please send your C.V today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959442817