Cimlogic are a leading Systems Integrator based at the World Heritage Site, Salts Mill, in West Yorkshire, and have a rich and distinguished experience with Blue Chip, and FTSE100 clients across the Manufacturing industry.
We specialise in the delivery of technical solutions and services including Turnkey Automation Projects, Continuous Improvement (CI) Projects, Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) and Training/Support. Cimlogic pride ourselves on our fantastic reputation in manufacturing, our wonderful company culture and our dedication to the development of each team member. We?re proud of what we do, and we hope you will be too.
The role of Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our ever expanding Technical team. This is an exciting role and the perfect opportunity for someone looking to gain in-depth experience with a focus on the Manufacturing Industry.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the demonstration and discussion of our solutions to clients/potential clients when needed
- Delivery of sub-tasks as allocated by Technical Manager(s) (TM) and/or Project Manager (PM)
- Identification, and support to PM/TM in management of scope changes. Also variations to current/defined project standards
- Work on defined Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) provided by Technical Manager(s)/Project Manager
- Support/contribute WBS to technical team members and suitability of resources, SQEP, assessments
- Participate in daily scrums & be ready to provide a concise & accurate status report and estimations to the Technical Manager
- Responsible for ensuring own work is to defined standards and reviewed accordingly
- Flagging to Project Manager where any aspect of project quality is at risk
- Participate in/Undertake code review with peers and seniors. Be ready to receive constructive feedback and make changes where required
- Stay up to date regarding current programming technologies
- Stay up to date regarding current MOM developments and trends
- Assist Technical Managers in the assessment of how long a technical task will take you
You will be proactive and dynamic. You enjoy being challenged on a daily basis, and show a high level of dedication to your projects, actively demonstrating problem solving skills.
You should be a fast learner and have the ability to react quickly to ever changing environments. You will actively keep up to date with new and developing programming technologies and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) developments and trends.
Finally, you will be confident and passionate about your role and open to learning new skills and operations.
- Successful candidates will be educated to a degree level.
- You will have good problem solving skills (technical)Any real-life experience and history of delivering MOM solutions would be highly desirable.
So, why join Cimlogic? Along with our excellent attitude toward developing technologies, training and our great team spirit, we regularly reward our team members for their outstanding work ethic. Recent rewards have included: Amazon vouchers, paid team outings, catered lunches and recently we sent one of our employees on a trip to watch the football in Barcelona!
We also offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 20 Days Holiday per year (plus Bank holidays)
- Eligible for paid Overtime
- Private Healthcare after 2 years? service
- Pension Scheme
- Child Care voucher Scheme
- Monthly Team Social events
Please note, we will only accept direct applicants, and are not currently working with recruitment agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959442182