Maintenance Engineer / Technician (Electrical Bias, M-F Days)
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Pref Electrical Bias) required to join a global company in the Oldham / Ashton-under-Lyne, East Manchester area. Salary is negotiable, plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working 38 hours / week (Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm, possible flexibility). This is a fantastic opportunity, with security and long term career prospects.
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Company pension scheme
- Possible overtime
- Profit related bonus
Job Objective: The main objective is to support the Production Manager by playing a key role in planning and undertaking planned and reactive maintenance of all production equipment and facilities in all areas throughout the building
The successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias) day to day duties will include:
- Planning and undertaking preventative maintenance to reduce downtime, improve quality and production efficiencies through improved and proactive preventative machinery maintenance.
- Identify repetitive problems, plan for and take corrective action to make necessary adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Responding to breakdowns, prioritising and repairing equipment.
- Where possible, observe production machinery after repair to ensure equipment is performing to the required standards and quality levels.
- Managing stocks, controlling spares and obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Commissioning and ongoing support of any new equipment.
- Dealing with sub-contractors.
- Ensuring compliance with H&S legislation and support managers in HSE and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing support out of hours when required.
- Notify Supervisor or Manager of any safety hazards and or reoccurring equipment malfunctions and required corrective actions and of quality issues or supplies needed.
To be suitable for this Maintenance Engineer role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Recent experience as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferably HNC or higher Electrical Engineering qualification.
- 17th Edition.
- Excellent fault finding and testing skills.
- Experience of planning and scheduling preventative maintenance of production machinery and building services.
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing).
- Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
- High standard of PC Literacy
To be more suitable for this Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- BENg Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship
- Knowledge of maintaining AC & DC drives and PLC systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and Industrial machinery repair,(Pneumatics, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Previously held a position such as Maintenance Supervisor or Engineering Team Leader.
- Experience of creating maintenance procedures and implement.
Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Electrical Maintenance, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Planned Preventative Maintenance, PLC's, Degree, BEng, 17th Edition, Fault Finding, PPM, Building Services Maintenance, Supervisor, Team Leader, Graduate, Manufacturing, Production, Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester
The successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to cover for weekends / on call, work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated / pro-active, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443626