Grade 2 Teaching Assistants
Permanent term time only Teaching Assistant vacancies - an excellent opportunity to springboard to teaching!
GRADE 2 TEACHING ASSISTANTS
(ACTUAL SALARY £11,326 TO £12,247)
TERM TIME ONLY, 33 HOURS PER WEEK
Exciting opportunities are available for people looking for a fresh challenge in an inspiring learning environment where we provide children and young people with 'second chance' learning. The posts will suit candidates who have the resilience to make a difference to pupils who have a range of social, emotional, mental health and special educational needs.
Springwell Learning Community is looking to recruit teaching assistants to work within its specialist settings where all of this can be achieved through commitment, resilience and a dedication to working differently. If you are interested in being a part of this unique opportunity, please read on……
* Do you want to make a difference by supporting challenging pupils in making positive choices and help them to reach their potential?
* Can you contribute to turning young people's lives around by offering second chance learning opportunities through your unconditional positive regard?
* Do you want to work with highly supportive colleagues who share your values and ethos?
* Do you want high quality professional development and support?
* Do you want to work in an organisation that supports career progression and has opportunities beyond your own school?
* Are you interested in a pathway which can lead to a career in teaching where you can genuinely change lives?
* Do you have the personal skills and attributes to support learning through engagement including sport, outdoor activities and supporting English, mathematics and other core skills?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then why not come and work for an organisation who truly believes that there is another way?
Springwell Learning Community is looking to appoint Grade 2 Teaching Assistants to work with young people through alternative pathways. Vacancies are currently available in Key Stage 4 however there may be a requirement to work in other key stages if required. Positive role models are required to inspire and support pupils in achieving their full potential to allow them to move on to positive post 16 destinations. Successful candidates will support the teacher in delivering an engagement curriculum through outdoor learning, physical education as well as supporting pupils with functional skills and GCSE Maths, English, PSHEE and other accreditation.
The Teaching Assistants will support small groups and individuals to develop resilience, social skills and self-esteem and use effective strategies for supporting pupils with a range of behavioural conditions.
Positions may suit those wishing to develop a career within the Special Education Sector. College/University graduates are welcome to apply as full training will be offered to candidates wishing to develop a career in this setting. Springwell Special Academy, is a National Teaching School (Barnsley TSA) and is therefore able to support a career path for aspiring teachers through a rigorous development programme.
Post holders should have access to their own vehicle with business insurance cover and may be required to complete MIDAS mini bus training to help transport pupils to outdoor learning destinations.
For further information or to request an application pack, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin on 0114 217 1556 or
The closing date for applications is Monday 13th November at 12.00 noon - please return your completed forms to Jessica Galvin by this date if you wish to be considered for the post.
We strongly recommend you return your application form at your earliest convenience, as earlier interviews may be available.
Springwell Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77395676