IT Support Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our vibrant and growing business at our head office in Winnersh, Berkshire.
Working as part of our in-house IT department, we are looking for an apprentice to join our existing team at a key time in our organisation's IT transformation program.
The role involves being the primary point of contact for all staff with an IT support issue, whether by telephone or e-mail along with carrying out routine maintenance activities which ensure that our infrastructure runs at its best. The role also provides a platform for a candidate with initiative to contribute ideas to help shape the future of Caice's IT strategy.
Duties within the role involve:
- Handling & logging phone, e-mail and face to face support requests
- Prioritising requests in order of severity and impact on the business
- Investigation of problems leading either to resolution or to enable one of our in-house developers or third-party software suppliers to resolve software issues
- Assist with the "on boarding" of new employees by creating user accounts, setting up computers, laptops, telephones and desk areas with everything the person needs when they start work
- Keeping track of our IT inventory, identify when new equipment is required & work with our suppliers to ensure that new equipment is sourced in a timely fashion
- Setting up of new desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones & tablet devices
- Reconfiguration of existing computer equipment with updated operating systems
- Installation & upgrading of software from different suppliers including Microsoft & Autodesk
- Documenting procedures and short user guides to answer frequently asked questions and store these in a methodical way within the company's intranet
- Carrying out of regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance duties
- Occasional travel to other offices around the UK to undertake support duties at these sites, for which a pool car will be provided
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a willingness to learn on the job
- Demonstrate familiarity with common IT terminology and equipment
- Be familiar with Microsoft software including operating systems ranging from Windows XP right through to Windows 10 along with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office
- Have some experience networking computers (whether at home or in business) and the concept of sharing resources (storage, printers etc.) between machines within that network
- An understanding of the role server machines play in the formation of a business computer system, the Windows operating systems which run on these machines and the kinds of maintenance activities, which might need to be undertaken
- Be at ease working with technology and have confidence connecting equipment and carrying out routine hardware upgrades such as installing memory, replacing hard disks etc.
- Have great communication skills to delivery friendly customer service face to face, over the phone or via e-mail to all Caice employees
- Be a good problem solver and have the initiative to troubleshoot, investigate problems and search for solutions
- Be punctual & good at time management during the working day
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
After successful completion of the Apprenticeship, permanent opportunity or progression will be possible.
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959436411