Senior IT Support Engineer
Quanta Dialysis Technologies is a pioneering medical device company. We are an innovative and passionate group of people, focused on the commercialisation and on-going development of SC+, a unique cartridge based haemodialysis machine.
Due to the company?s growth plans, we are looking to hire a Senior IT Support Engineer to provide 1st and 2nd line IT support in a stand-alone role in our rapidly evolving company. This person will be expected to efficiently resolve issues across a wide range of situations such as user desktops, applications and devices (e.g. printers). Additionally they will be expected to troubleshoot and resolve incidents escalated by IT support engineers working remotely. This will be achieved by working within a mature service desk tracking system.
The Senior IT Support Engineer will also be assisting with projects as and when the business need arises, and will be required to work as part of a team with our external IT support partner. This role has the potential to evolve into a Manager-level position as the company continues to grow for the right candidate.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 5 years? experience in a 1st and 2nd client facing support role.
- Proven track record of identifying areas of improvement in the business, proposing solutions and implementing new processes in a small-medium sized business.
- IT-related educational background (e.g. Bachelors degree, NVQ).
- Minimum of MCP, MCITP, A+ and CCENT.
- Proven ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, network or system problems.
- Excellent understanding of desktop operating systems and their configuration (Windows XP, Windows 7/8/10, Mac OSx).
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages to assist user support queries for common Office related issues.
- CCNA would be beneficial.
- You must have a valid UK driving licence.
- Effective team player.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- A natural flair for customer service and stakeholder management at different technical levels.
- Thorough, pays attention to detail.
- Versatile, adaptable, able to handle changes to objectives, scope and area of responsibility.
- Able to work well under pressure and independently.
For more information, please apply with your CV stating salary expectations and availability to start.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959431440