Android Developer / Mobile Developer - Financial Services
Job Title: Android Developer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is the UK's number 1 'investment supermarket' for private investors. For more than 30 years, they have helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments. Today they are trusted with more than £82.0 billion by 983,000 clients. They are a secure, FTSE 100 company who now employ over 1400 people in their central Bristol office.
Mobile is a pillar of their client's service and digital strategy. With nearly 40% of client sessions now on mobile devices and there are over 40,000 clients who only access their services on mobile, there has never been a better time to join their mobile development team.
As a member of the team you would be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of a multi-award winning portfolio of native mobile applications. The role is suited for someone who specialises in Android development, although a familiarity with development in PHP or for iOS would be beneficial as the team works closely with those using those technologies.
This position will see you becoming a key part of this helpful and knowledgeable team of experts. Our workload is often significant, but the atmosphere is proactive and collaborative. We are working hard to ensure that our developers are in the best possible position to produce and release high quality secure code as often as possible.
- Ability to write effective, robust and secure Java with a demonstrable portfolio of previous work
- Solid understanding of the Android release process and signing
- Understanding of professional development methodologies, tools (e.g. Git, Unit testing, Jenkins, Gradle) and wider SDLC
- A practical appreciation of Web API usage and protocols
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent), and educated to AS / A level (or equivalent) Ability to work and perform in a highly pressurised environment
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Commercial experience of developing high performance, secure and polished mobile applications.
- Practical experience in working with automated testing solutions e.g. Junit, Espresso
- Solid understanding of adaptive user interfaces
- Practical experience of working with professional development methodologies, tools (e.g. Git, Unit testing, Jenkins, Gradle) and wider SDLC
- Working knowledge of static analysis tools (e.g. SonarQube, Infer, Codebeat)
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Android Developer, Mobile Developer, iOS Developer, App Developer, Web Development, PHP Developer, may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435910