Undergraduates 12-week Summer Internship
National Grid - Undergraduates 12-week Summer Internship
Salary: £16,500 (pro rata)
Craft your career
We’re National Grid: we bring power to people. From heating up homes to keeping the lights on in hospitals, the energy we deliver makes the everyday possible. Now, you can help us, as we shape the future of millions and build the hi-tech networks of tomorrow.
What will I be doing?
Combining the skills you’ve learnt at university with on-the-job experience is a great way to stay ahead of the competition – and start your career on the front foot. Here, each of our placements is built around the shifting, real-world needs of our organization and the people we serve. That means you’ll enjoy a unique, challenging and valuable experience, impacting our communities, the direction of National Grid and the energy sector.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for driven individuals ready to explore what our industry can offer – and where it could go. Each role at National Grid requires specific skills – and we welcome people who can contribute their own, unique perspective to our business. However, there are some qualities that tie all of us together. The world of energy is always evolving, and we need people with the spark, adaptability and drive to keep people connected, throughout those changes.
What’s in it for you?
A Summer Internship is the perfect way to find out if a career at National Grid is right for you. During your time here, you’ll be supported by your line manager and benefit from a competitive salary and holiday allowance. And, perhaps most importantly, you’ll be guaranteed a place on the Graduate Programme if you show potential.
As well as this you’ll receive:
- A starting salary of £16,500 (pro-rata)
- 6 days holiday over the 12 weeks (25 days holiday pro-rata)
- Potential offer of a place on the Graduate Development Programme at National Grid
- Invitation to join NewNet, our new starters network and employee resource group
- Opportunity to work across the UK (must be willing to work away from home)
- 3 days development training
- Support and fund EngTech for desired institutions
- Buddy to support you during your placement
- Ongoing feedback and support
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/77416963